Re: Deb linux compatability

On Dec 07, "Mark R. Martinez" <markr@cs.utep.edu> wrote:

 >	THank you for your time.  I was wondering if there is a Debian
 >version available (stable or devel) that is compatible with an IBM RS/6000
 >PowerPC currently running AIX.  We have cureently 'inherited' these
Debian (both stable and unstable) works fine on my IBM B50, but you will
have to find a working kernel because the official boot disk is broken.
I suggest you download the kernel linked from the RS/6K page on
www.yellowdoglinux.com, put it on a MSDOS formatted floppy and use it to
load the debian root image.

Then I compiled the IBM stable 2.4 tree and it seems to work very well.

--
ciao,
Marco