Re: r128 driver still borked in XF4.0.1-9pre10

Tom Rini wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 10:38:22PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Tom Rini wrote:
> >
> > > I didn't know they were needed for the "fbdev" driver.
> >
> > Omitting it is a nice way to kill your machine if the graphics chips is a
> > PCI device...
>
> Are you sure?  On my G4 I swear I got an older version working w/ just
> Driver "fbdev".

Maybe you're lucky and your old version doesn't disable display PCI devices
which aren't claimed by any driver :)

> > > BTW, what would be really nice for the fbdev driver is an option to
> > > specify the fbX to use. That way you can have >1 fbdev driver and have
> > > multihead more easily.
> >
> > There already is, Option "fbdev".
>
> Option "fbdev" "/dev/fbX" ?

Exactly.

> This doesn't need a BusID as well, then, right?

Actually yes. /dev/fb0 is just the default value for this option.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project