Re: r128 driver still borked in XF4.0.1-9pre10

Tom Rini wrote:

> > > Unless something has changed recently (Has it?) In the Device sections
> > > you need BusID "PCI:X:XX:X" where the X's are the decimal form of:
> > > /sbin/lspci | grep VGA
> >
> > Any chances these stupid BusIDs will no longer be needed for devices
> > controlled by fbdevs? I see absolutely no reason why you need them, since > > they can be found out automagically.

It's on my too long todo list.

> I didn't know they were needed for the "fbdev" driver.

Omitting it is a nice way to kill your machine if the graphics chips is a PCI
device...

> BTW, what would be really nice for the fbdev driver is an option to specify
> the fbX to use. That way you can have >1 fbdev driver and have multihead
> more easily.

There already is, Option "fbdev".

Guess I have a new item on my todo list. :)

> > People might argue you may want to hit the hardware directly even when
> > using fbdevs, but correct behavior of that combination is not guaranteed
> > anyway.
>
> Right.  What options are you allowed to use w/ fbdev that might bang the
> hardware directly? (not the UseFBDev stuff..).

I don't understand what you mean, please elaborate.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project