Re: r128 driver still borked in XF4.0.1-9pre10

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 06:07:38PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 06:41:54AM +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:
> > > IUve got the Problem: "no screens found" where can I get the working packages ?
> > >
> > > I want to use r128 on my new Pismo...
> >
> > Unless something has changed recently (Has it?) In the Device sections you need
> > BusID "PCI:X:XX:X" where the X's are the decimal form of:
> > /sbin/lspci | grep VGA
>
> Any chances these stupid BusIDs will no longer be needed for devices controlled
> by fbdevs? I see absolutely no reason why you need them, since they can be
> found out automagically.

I didn't know they were needed for the "fbdev" driver.  BTW, what would be
really nice for the fbdev driver is an option to specify the fbX to use.
That way you can have >1 fbdev driver and have multihead more easily.

> People might argue you may want to hit the hardware directly even when using
> fbdevs, but correct behavior of that combination is not guaranteed anyway.

Right.  What options are you allowed to use w/ fbdev that might bang the
hardware directly? (not the UseFBDev stuff..).

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/