Re: XF4 on Mach64 and 2.2 kernel?

"Daniel P. Hembree" wrote:

> I've been trying to load debian on a Starmax 3000, I can't get it to boot into linux, I've tried using a variety of kernels, 2.2.17pre20-ben3 being the latest. I always get the same result, "unable to open an initial console", "kernel panic: no init found try passing init= options to the kernel". Is there a page somewhere that describes what to do on the Starmax?

Hmm, I don't know the benh kernel, but I know stock 2.2.16-2.2.17 fails, and I have a 2.2.15 kernel (.coff and deb) that works, linked from http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debian-ppc-bugs.html .  Also, 2.2.18pre21 in woody (ard soon 2.2r2?) boots on my StarMax 3000 with quik and has lots of new options like IP masquerading, etc. (thank you Dan!).

Hope this helps,

-Adam P.