Re: 3COM 3c905c-TX-M.... works, or not?

I might be able to give you a little bit of help here.  First of all, the 3C905 series does work on PowerPC machines, thanks to Donald and all of his hard work on getting drivers made for the entire 3Com series.  As far as your problems, it appears as though it may be a problem with how your motherboard assigns IRQs.  First of all, I can tell you straight off that it is very strange to see that your card is being given an IRQ of 1.....it should be a lot higher than that....onboard resources usually take that one, so that might be your problem.  Try putting the NIC in a Intel machine, and grab ahold of the DOS diagnostics from either the disk you got with the card or the 3Com website.  Run the diagnostics from a straight DOS prompt (NOT from a DOS prompt from within Windows....F8 at boot time will get you there).  From there you can manually set the IRQ settings on your card, and they will be written to NVRAM, so the changes will still be there when you move the card back to your PPC machine.  If this doesn't work, try looking at the documentation of your motherboard on assigning IRQs.

Eric Reischer                 "You can't depend on your eyes
CCIL Network Administrator      if your imagination is out of focus."
emr@ccil.org                                   -- Mark Twain