Re: XF4 on Mach64 and 2.2 kernel?

I've been trying to load debian on a Starmax 3000, I can't get it to boot into linux, I've tried using a variety of kernels, 2.2.17pre20-ben3 being the latest. I always get the same result, "unable to open an initial console", "kernel panic: no init found try passing init= options to the kernel". Is there a page somewhere that describes what to do on the Starmax?

On Friday, December 1, 2000, at 11:20 AM, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just took the plunge and upgraded to XF4 this morning, on my StarMax
> 3000 with Mach64 VT.  I tried xf86cfg, which ended in signal 11.  (Then
> I tried XFree86 -configure, with predictably the same result.)
snip ...