Re: XFree4.0x and Pismo touchpad

> I have some really annoying problems with X11 and the touchpad on my
> Powerbook Pismo. The first problem is the lack of three buttons. I know
> from my pre-mac days that one could emulate three buttons, but I assume
> that only works when you have at least two physical ones. Is there any way
> to achieve the same with only one?

See the documentation on the new input layer, linked on BenH's page
(penguinppc.apple.com/~benh/).

> The other problem with the keypad is that the pad itself works like a
> button (i.e a tap on the pad generates a click). Some of you might
> disagree that this is a problem, but, is there any way to disable this
> "feature"?

Get the trackpad tool. 'trackpad notap' fixes this. Now what package was
that in, or should that go into?

> And, last, when I need to do small movements with the pointer, the pointer
> moves, and then moves back to the previous position (a sticky behavior).

I've had that sort of behavior after cleaning the surface of the PB
including trackpad with isopropanol. Wiping with a damp tissue paper fixed
it. Go figure (or ask Apple tech support).

	Michael