Re: Boot hangs on G4

At 05:09 PM 10/24/2000 -0800, you wrote:
On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 04:54:20PM -0400, Shawn J. Wallace wrote:

> Like I said, yaboot and partitioning seem fine, video doesn't appear to be
> an issue - it's just at the point where the kernel hands over control to
> the root partition that it stops booting.
>
> Any ideas?  I'm desperate.

what kernel version?

2.2.17 - and I found the problem, hda=noautotune

MIght it not be wise to include a little warning with that chipset driver that says something like "Warning, if system fails to INIT you may need hda=noautotune option"

Just a thought - it would have saved me a whole day of frustration. :)

Shawn