Please test: pmud 0.7-2 in unstable (was: Re: pmud 0.7-1)

Could all of you who experienced funny trackpad behavior please test the
new -2 package from unstable? (I've not bumped the version to -3 because
the installer hadn't run yet, I just overwrote the files in incoming)

For the 3400 problems, I need a clearer idea what goes wrong with the IDE
interface on wakeup - I recall some problems with setting multiword DMA 2
on some machines after wakeup, was that on the 3400?

Ben, do you happen to know which package your trackpad tool belongs to?
I've added a 'show' option to make it report the current settings to help
catch problems with the trackpad state restore in future.

> >The whole time spent for wakeup is in the kernel, reprobing the ADB bus
> >and restoring the IDE disk state after powering the disk back up. I can't
> >see how we can speed up the procedure.
>
> I have a bunch of delays that could eventually be shortened once I'm sure
> the sleep process works on all boxes. But unless MacOS X, I have to
> support old crappy HW and MacOS X has the advantage of it's threaded
> driver model, allowing it to restore a bunch of things simultaneously.

That's why I said I can't imagine speeding it up. The whole wakeup
notifier call chain would have to be split into one part to run immediatly
on wakeup, and another to run in some task queue or botton half. Yuck.

Does MacOS X not run on the 3400 then?

> For now, I still have to figure out how to make sleep actually work on
> the Core99 machines (still losing RAM content for now).

Good luck with that - I'd say that's a higher priority job than threaded
wakeup :-) We can float that idea on l-k just for fun.
Does the sleep function on the Pismo stop memory refresh (or slow refresh
down too much)?

	Michael