Re: X refuses to start!

 > X >/tmp/x.out Z>&1
                ^
Should be a '2'.

I'd use 'X 2>&1 | tee /tmp/x.out' though so you also see messages on the
console in case this helps any.

Yup, now I get a long report which may or may not be helpful... I'd be happy to share it, but I have no net access from the Linux box here (I have to revert to the Mac side when I'm at work). However, I have the appropriate connection at home, and I should be able to do it there.

So does anyone have the proper monitor refresh rate xfree86config settings for a Powerbook?

Thanks,

Chris
--
The plan was simple.  Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.