Re: Is the Debian 2.2 PPC CD 1 bootable?

> I've now got as far as partitioning.  The partitioning instructions say
> I need to create a small partition of type Apple_bootstrap before the
> MacOS partition.  The trouble is that although MacOS claims to have
> initialised the disc with one partition, mac-fdisk shows there being
> 10.  Where does the new little partition go relative to all these?  One
> of the partitions says it is also the partition map.
>
> Is the following sensible:
>
> 1) Delete all the existing partitions (except perhaps partition 1 - the
> partition map)
> 2) Create Apple_Bootstrap partition from mac-fdisk
> 3) Use Apple recovery CD to create "1" HFS partition taking up part of
> the hard disc
> 4) Restart the Debian installation process.

I'd say that's probably a bad idea, a lot of those partitions either contain
hard drive drivers or other important stuff.  Also, they usually don't take
much room.  Particularly if you're going to dual boot Debian and MacOS, you
might want to keep all the partitions except the last one, the actual partition
MacOS is on.  I have an old world machine so I've never set up yaboot, but
the rest of your plan sounds right as far as I know. Apple_Bootstrap should
probably be the next partition after all the various drivers, etc partitions.

Hope that helps,
Will Dukes