Re: Installation super-woes on PowerBook 3400

Hi Patrice!

 >:
 >: Considering my partition map, how should I configure quik?

see my attached quik.conf (working on a 3400)

 >:
 >: well, my problem is probably miboot. Let's see if we can get quik to work,
 >: and then work on the kernel thing... :)
 >:

compile your kernel >= 2.2.15pre14 with
# CONFIG_BOOTX_TEXT is not set

while in OF (opt-command-o-f during startboing):
setenv boot-device ata0/ata-disk@0:X

X stands for your root partition, OF wants it in hex  ..,8,9,A,B,..

after configuring of quik.conf:
/sbin/quik -f

		Claus
# Example of how can be quik.conf set up
timeout = 50
root = /dev/hda6
append = "hda=autotune"
# append = "adb_buttons=1,84,18"
# append = "adb_buttons=52,10"
init-code="dev /bandit/ohare/via-pmu backlight-on"
init-message="Type g, l, m, off, t, n, d\n"
image = /boot/vmlinux
	label =linux
	alias =l
image = /boot/vmlinux.new