Re: Interesting Disk Partitions

On Thu, 07 Sep 2000, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> As Ethan said, the two can coexist.  SuSE (lazily, IMO) just uses the
> PC partition tables; then the kernel (which has x86 partition table
> support enabled) scans that one first.  It's a godawful, unsafe hack -
> macos will NOT coexist happily with it.

Fortunately, the only MacOS on this system is on a different disk. When I ran
MacOnLinux a few minutes ago, MacOS wanted me to initialize some unrecognized
disk (without giving any indication which drive, let alone which partition).

Also fortunately, when my Debian CDs show up, /home goes to tape, then
everything gets reinitialized and replaced with Debian (including the MacOS
partition, I hope), then /home comes back off tape.

Rick
--
rcook@ntlug.org
rcook@hex.net