Re: touble making Power Mac 7200 boot directly into Linux

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 10:33:49AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > boot: scsi/sd@0:2/vmlinuz
> >
> > Inode error #2133571404 while loading file /vmlinuz.
> > Image not found.... try again
> > boot:
> >
> > Haven't figured this one out? Has it some thing to do with /vmlinux
> > (not) being compressed?

[cut]

> i have seen where quik does not seem to like sylinks, try changing
> image=/vmlinuz to the full path to the real kernel image in /boot
> (whatever /vmlinuz points to.  (are you sure its not /vmlinux? or is
> the symlink broken?)

Doh! It is /vmlinux - now I end up here:

Second-stage QUIK loader
boot:
Starting at 0
opening display /platinum@F8000000... failed
copying OF device tree...done
booting...

Reading some of Ethan Benson's posts to debian-powerpc list I'll be
stuck here?!

- Michael