Re: touble making Power Mac 7200 boot directly into Linux

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 10:26:28AM +0200, Michael Lyngbøl wrote:

> Doh! It is /vmlinux - now I end up here:
>
> Second-stage QUIK loader
> boot:
> Starting at 0
> opening display /platinum@F8000000... failed

this seems to be typical and non-fatal. (it happens even with kernels
that work fine on my friends 7200)

> copying OF device tree...done
> booting...

and i assume it just sits here forever?  yes that is exactly what
happens with my friend's box on kernels after 2.2.14.

> Reading some of Ethan Benson's posts to debian-powerpc list I'll be
> stuck here?!

not sure what to tell you, there is something funny somewhere its just
finding where...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/