Re: touble making Power Mac 7200 boot directly into Linux

Michael Lyngbøl wrote:

> Doh! It is /vmlinux - now I end up here:
>
> Second-stage QUIK loader
> boot:
> Starting at 0
> opening display /platinum@F8000000... failed
> copying OF device tree...done
> booting...
>
> Reading some of Ethan Benson's posts to debian-powerpc list I'll be
> stuck here?!

It seems that with quik, the answer is unfortunately yes.  The last kernel I got
to boot was 2.2.15.

I have a 2.2.15 kernel deb using approximately the Debian .config (from 2.2.17,
oldconfig'd to 2.2.15; .config is there as a separate file for you to look
over), and its various pieces for easy install without using dpkg, at:
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debian-ppc-bugs.html

-Adam P.