Re: USB mouse

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 11:17:05PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wanted to say the following:
> Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
>
> > Yea the mini logitech works great. The think to do is the input device stuff
> > in Ben's kernel page and either compile your own or use his precompiled test
> > kernels. They work fine. The url is http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/ (just
> > for convenience here :)
>
> Thanks, but that's only for 2.2.17preX - I have the mouse working now, turned
> out I had to plug it into the other USB socket (the lower one). Is this normal
> or a bug?

It works for me on both ports, even if I "hot-swap" it while X is running.

> > I am using Xpmac
>
> Now let me recommend using X 4.0.1 :)
>
> Should be a much better experience than Xpmac...

Well, Xpmac is painless and I tried the FBDev X server but that was much
slower and I didnt have the time to start playing with it.

For XF4 I am waiting for .deb's - Xpmac seems to work really well for my
purposes, though there is no way to use a Wacom tablet with it. But I am
going to switch to XF4 at some point - I guess it has native rage128
acceleration? I want to be able to use my USB Intuos with the laptop while
on the road. But the Xinput driver for the USB Intuos also has some issues
so it is not a reason alone to switch yet.

What do you mean by "much better experience"? :) I assume the external
display connector doesnt yet work for projector use? I'd assume it needs
some kernel/whatever work to enable it?

Tuomas

--

.--->  tigert@helixcode.com     .    |\,/|          tigert@gimp.org  <-----.