USB mouse

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> But may I suggest a nice thing? I was in a computer shop and found a very
> nice USB mouse for the pismo:
>
>         http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/50
>
> I know it is not a solution to you problem, but for all the people out there
> looking for a good laptop mouse, this is worth checking out. It has a short
> cord (with an extension piece if you need longer) so it is handy also in
> that sense. The whole mouse is also very small, I have sometimes used it on
> top of the pismo just fine (over the wrist rest). And nothing really beats a
> _real_ mouse for serious work (like using the gimp :) Drawing with the
> touchpad is not uhm.. ideal.. I wonder when someone makes a laptop with
> integrated Wacom Graphire in place of the touchpad.. That would rule :)
>
> Just felt like sharing my experience, I am not connected to Logitech and
> such, blah blah you get the idea :) It is just a very nice mouse for laptop
> use.

Indeed, thanks for the tip!

But I wonder if some kind of magic is needed to get it working?

I'm using 2.2.15 (yes, I know about the vulnerability ;), and I can
successfully load the usb-ohci, mouse and usbcore modules. But neither gpm nor
XFree86 work with /dev/usbmouse, protocol IMPS/2 (also tried mman in gpm, no
dice).

What am I missing?

Michel

--
Hark! What rock through yonder window breaks?
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS