Re: X Trouble

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Edwin Rudolph wrote:

> I just installed potato on my PowerBook and am having some trouble with
> getting the X server to work right.  I first tried to fire up X with the
> default FBDev server, and that didn't work at all.  The only way I could
> get X going was to use the Xpmac server from LinuxPPC.  Moreover, if I
> left the video device box unchecked in BootX, I get 8 bit mode, if I check
> it, I can get 32 bit mode.
>
> Another thing is the mouse button emulation--doesn't work at all.  Even
> stranger is that sometimes it seems like the buttons are being pressed
> "magically"--as if the computer thought a button was being held down when
> it wasn't.  Other times, the mouse button doesn't do anything--nothing
> will happen when I click the button. (All of this is of course w/Xpmac).

it's related to the trackpad default setting, tapping on the trackpad is
set to be a doublke-click, annoying....
you can fix this usig the trackpad_tol program, it's a tinny program, that
allow you to set the behavior of the trackpad.

take a look at
<URL:http://xenu.phys.uit.no/~alvin/linux/pbg3.html>
the source code is here
<URL:http://xenu.phys.uit.no/~alvin/linux/trackpad_tool.tar.gz>

	Eric

--
Je veux acheter un boomerang neuf. Comment puis-je me
debarrasser du vieux?