Re: deb-ppc: recommended browser and email client ?

Brendan Simon wrote:

> I've just got X windows running (limping) on my powerbook.  I was using
> communicator on my Intel laptop and would probably stuck with it (even
> though it is a *big* memory hog and has some bugs) but it is not
> packaged for powerpc.

What's the problem? I installed communicator-smotif about one month ago. Works
like a charm (as far as any Communicator can ;)

> Would I be better off sticking to Mozilla and hoping that the features
> catch up to Communicator's real soon ?

That could be hopeless, at least in some areas unfortunately...

> I thought that Mozilla and Communicator are from the same source code,
> so why are some of the features missing in Mozilla ?  Are they supposed
> to be in sync or are they totally seperate projects ?  They do look
> quite different but someone told me that the new version of Communicator
> looks similar to Mozilla.  Is this true ?

Yes.

Netscape 6 will be more or less Mozilla + proprietary Netscape code (for
encryption, ...)

Michel

--
Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS