Re: XFree86 4.0 binaries

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 10:52:12AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > but when i enter a bad login in gdm, the gdm requester shivers from right to
> > left and vice versa, about 10-20 pixels, becoming less, before stabilizing.
> > Did you already encounter such a problem ?
>
> To quote Microsoft, "That's not a bug, it's a feature."  I think it's kind of cute. :-)
>
> To turn it off, edit /etc/gdm/gdm.conf, change "Quiver=1" to (I guess) "Quiver=0".

Ahem, ...

how comes i see it when using 4.0 + pm3 accel, and not when using 4.0 with pm3
noaccel nor 3.3.6 + svga (using G400 board).

maybe the last one is due to Quiver being disabled on the box with the G400,
but how comes gdm knows how to differentiate between accel and noaccel 4.0
servers ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER