sig11 on as

Has anyone else noticed sig11 on as with the latest binutils package?  If
I'm alone... could it correspond to the error 10 that's becoming quite
frequent in MacOS?  I'm hoping that that's just general IE5 bugginess and
not that I've A) got bad RAM, or B) cooked my processor.  Oh yeah, as bugs
out on both the kernel and in the configure script tests on kdelibs, so its
not just kernel code or something causing it.  Please, please tell me that
it's a bug in as...

-Adrianne