Re: yaboot errors on g4

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 12:32:25AM -0500, Adrianne Rutledge wrote:
> on 07/04/2000 6:27 PM, Ethan Benson at erbenson@alaska.net wrote:
>
> *snip*
>
> > no actually there are a dozen partitions on there CD to accomidate
> > miboot, this incidently makes there CD impossible to mount under linux
> > (AFAICT).  this is actually the first time i have heard of anyone
> > succesfully booting that CD on a newworld machine.
>
> I've got a Yosemite board here that booted from that CD, I used it to get
> far enough to untar debian2_2.tgz onto my Debian partitions and such, and
> will use it after I repartition to make room for OSX.  Oh, and it was
> mountable under Linux for me...

interesting, when i was testing various methods for making bootable
CDs for newworld systems i found that a fully partitioned CD (as
linuxppc 2000's is) simply would not mount under linux, no
incantations of -part or anything would make it work.  I also read a
rather long thread on the linuxppc-user archives of users complaining
that they could find no way to mount the linuxppc2000 cd under linux,
HFS or ISO format.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/