Re: Source-dependencies and bad packages list?

c@eskimo.com said:
> Is there any more information about the problems with these packages
> available somewhere (i.e., build logs?).  Also, what happened with gdb
> -- Kevin Puetz <puetzk@iastate.edu> seemed to be making some good
> progress, but I haven't heard anything lately, and, checking, I see
> that there is still a grave bug filed against the package (isn't gdb
> release-critical?).  (Looking closer, I see that the maintainer closed
> one gdb on PPC bug, but not the one I'd filed.)

I fixed the immediate problem (that the newest deb of gdb didn't build/work on
ppc). However, the threadsafety patch got over my head to do anything with
(x86 asm and other fun) LinuxPPC has a working gdb on dev.linuxppc.org
(4.18-4d), I ended up aliening it.