Re: Source-dependencies and bad packages list?

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 11:08:02AM -0700, C.M. Connelly wrote:

> "DJ" == Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:
>

>    DJ> What I do have on me are the list of 'dubious' packages -
>    DJ> the packages which generate 'comparison is always
>    DJ> false/true due to limited range of data type' warnings, by
>    DJ> misusing unsigned characters.  I'll attach it.  It would be
>    DJ> great if someone could work on some of these.  Barring
>    DJ> warnings, most should build fine.
>
> Is there any more information about the problems with these
> packages available somewhere (i.e., build logs?).  Also, what

Only on my hard drive generally although I believe all of them should
be somewhere in the mess at http://www.them.org/~buildd/fail-logs
(warning, BIG directory).  Or you can build them and grep for warnings.

> happened with gdb -- Kevin Puetz <puetzk@iastate.edu> seemed to be
> making some good progress, but I haven't heard anything lately,
> and, checking, I see that there is still a grave bug filed against
> the package (isn't gdb release-critical?).  (Looking closer, I see
> that the maintainer closed one gdb on PPC bug, but not the one I'd
> filed.)

The 'proper' solution is to use CVS gdb.  There's already a gdb-arm
package - we should do something with that.

Dan