powerbook keymap doesn't work after install

Hello all,

I just went through the potato installer on my powerbook 3400c and it
went pretty well (including the ethernet--woohoo!).  There was an
error configuring the keyboard saying it couldn't find the keymap, but
the keyboard worked fine so I didn't think much about it.  After I
went through the whole installation and rebooted, everything came up
fine, and got to the md5 password setup, but the keymap was completely
screwed up.

Anyway, the keyboard worked in the installer, so my question is what
do I have to copy over from the ram disk to make the keyboard work?

TIA,

cbb