Powerbook G3 (Tokyo)

I recently got one of the new powerbook G3's "Tokyo" (Basically a lombard,
but with firewire in place of scsi).   Basically the problem I am having
is that the kernel (a) loses the interrupt for hda, after a while the ram
disk will load and then (b) the keyboard seems to not work.

The laptop is explicitly unsupported by both YDL and LinuxPPC at this point,
I was curious if anyone has had any luck getting it to work themselves.

-Matt