Re: Sockoban

--- Björn Johansson <amigafreak@home.se> wrote:

> I have been using Debian(Slink) for a couple of days now, it's really,
> really buggy :(.

I didn't know/think slink works on powerpc at all?

> It's probably my fault for not installing it correctly or something :-/.
The
> kernel is 2.0.36, I don't know how to upgrade it. I have downloaded the
> whole kernel 2.2.14 in the hope of that I could use parts of it for Debian.

You need a special kernel (the latest is 2.2.10) for APUS.

> But as I have understood it, the packages which comes with Debian uses
> different librarys which is part of the kernel, therefore an old package
> can't make any advantage of a new kernel without a new recompilation of
> these packages(right?).

Guess you're talking about libc and fellows. That's nothing to do with the
kernel.

> I have been using Debian for a couple of days now, well... it seems I'll
> haveto wait for the Debian2.2 to make any use of my PPC, probably the
> system will become more stable too, because then I will buy the CD. At the
> moment I lack A LOT of packages, so I haven't even got X working yet(but I
> don't know if I even want it working before I get the potato-version).

I think you probably even _can't_ get it working before potato...

You should really try installing that ASAP, there are now even boot-floppies
which should work on APUS.

Michel

=====
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD