Re: Sockoban

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 01:05:53PM -0800, Jon Leonard wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 06:37:09PM +0100, Björn Johansson wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > In the Red Hat distribution there exist a couple of funny games. Sockoban is
> > one of my favourites. Will it be part of the Debian distribution? Do anyone
> > know if this game is available for another architecture than x86?
> > For those of you who haven't played the game I can say that it reminds quite
> > a lot of the good old game: Boulder Dash :).
>
> It doesn't seem to be a Debian package, and I don't know why.
>
> I do have an older version running just fine on my Alpha, so it should port
> just fine to the PPC.  It looks like current versions can be found from:
> http://xsokoban.lcs.mit.edu/xsokoban.html  (Sokoban is a Japanese word,
> meaning warehouseman -- searching the web for the right spelling found it.)

You can also find some ppc games from loki ...

at least they have freely downloadable demos for PPC for some of their games,
g olook at their web site.

If they don't have a ppc version, go bug them for it, so they will feel that
there is a need for it. ANd if you buy ppc version of their games, even
better.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER