Need modules to finish installation

I managed to install the base for the potato distribution by following
the instructions on
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/pmac. Those instructions sligthly paraphrased are:

1.Install BootX 1.1.3 in my MacOS.

2.Put linux kernel image from disks-powerpc/current/powermac in "Linux
Kernel" folder in my system folder.

3.Rename root1440.bin as "ramdisk.image.gz" and put it in system folder.

4.Copy all necessary files under disks-powerpc onto MacOS HFS volume.

5.Boot into linux using BootX with ramdisk check.

6.Follow installer with hard disk installation option, skipping "Install Operating System Kernel and Modules" stage.

The last step makes the installation and running from BootX a little
weird.  This means I don't have any modules and can't mount my zip
drive that I need to use apt-get since the only machine I have access
to with a broadband connection and removeable media is Win98. So I
couldn't follow a previous suggestion because I didn't have modules
and as fas as I can tell, I'm not quite sure how to get them.  Is is a
simple matter of extracting them from the distribution and installing
in /lib/modules?

I am wondering if someone can make a suggestion, reinstalling Linux,
booting from floppies, are all fine with me. I am not conversant, yet,
with the differences and significance of BootX, Quik, etc.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us