Re: booting from openfirmware

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 04:12:46PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Quik is the spawn of the devel.  I'm looking into miBoot as a
> replacement at this point.  Ditto yaBoot.  Both of these are a wee bit
> too MacOS dependent right now, but that should be surmountable...

miBoot is a bit macos dependent, but yaboot?  how is it macos
dependant? as long as hfsutils are available yaboot can fully
installed and maintained without macos, it is however a very good idea
to setup a dedicated bootstrap partition (type Apple_Bootstrap to
prevent macos from deactivating it)

--
Ethan Benson