Debian for PPC problems

Hi
I just want to know if anyone experiences such unpleasant problems as I do.
If so, then please let me know that i'm not alone :-)

1.
My APT is useless - it thinks every package it fetches is corrupted
(md5sum), but I checked it, and everyone is OK

2. When telnetting to the mac-linux box i experience frequent shell hangs.
Simply the screen halts and I can do nothing - sometimes only KILL -9 for
both telnet and telnetd helps. And yes, i tried CTRL-Q

3. Something strange seems to be happening to network connections. Namely
when I try to upload/download a file which is more than a single KB big
from/to a box standing just a meter away (via FTP), the system refuses to
transfer it. The same for mail.
The strangest thing about it is that packages (from ftp.de.debian.org) are
downloaded just fine now! (They used to get stuck just 2 months ago, then
after some upgrade I was able to use APT with no problems and now APT does
not work again - though in some different way :-)

4. ircd is useless it segfaults/coredumps when more than one person joins a
channel - i even tried building it from deb's source - no improvement

regards
Marcin

--

Marcin Owsiany