Re: RS6K PReP boot?

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Gerald Turner wrote:
> You mean add some prom_print() calls to prom_init() right?  I need to

Yes.

> learn how to cross-compile a kernel from x86 - is this possible? is
> support already in Debian?

Of course it's possible. I never did this myself (I did create a cross-compiler
for m68k under Linux/ia32 and Linux/PPC), since I took the (old) cross-compiler
binaries for Linux/ia32 from Jes Sørensen. But I guess newer kernels need a
much more recent compiler.

I don't know whether Debian has a ia32-PPC cross-compiler. Of course you can
always build one yourselves :-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org