Re: RS6K PReP boot?

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 09:44:51PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Gerald Turner wrote:
> > You mean add some prom_print() calls to prom_init() right?  I need to
>
> Yes.
>
> > learn how to cross-compile a kernel from x86 - is this possible? is
> > support already in Debian?
>
> Of course it's possible. I never did this myself (I did create a cross-compiler
> for m68k under Linux/ia32 and Linux/PPC), since I took the (old) cross-compiler
> binaries for Linux/ia32 from Jes Sørensen. But I guess newer kernels need a
> much more recent compiler.
>
> I don't know whether Debian has a ia32-PPC cross-compiler. Of course you can
> always build one yourselves :-)

Sure there is, I just haven't uploaded the packages to repository since they
need to be integrated with the current binutils/gcc source packages.

See http://members.home.com/mmporter/linux/
The deb packages are a little dated now since I haven't been using them
lately.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com