RS6K PReP boot?

Hi all,

I still havn't been able to get Linux to boot on this machine...

In the last few days I've learned quite a bit more about this RS/6000 F40
(7025).  I have no manuals, so learning about the F[158] keys and Open
Firmware was quite difficult and mysterious - all information about Open
Firmware I've found pertains to Macintoshes!  I now have the machine
POSTing over the serial cable rather than the video adapter.

I have been able to get the Linux kernel to boot using the method
described at Yellow Dog Linux ("OF> boot floppy:,\ZIMAGE"), though it
hangs after "copying OF device tree...done" in prom_init.  I suppose this
is normal considering the images that get this far are compiled for CHRP
and the F40 appears to be a PReP machine:

[Output from Open Firmware session]
0 > pwd / ok
0 > .properties
name                    IBM,7025-F40
model                   IBM,7025-F40
compatible              IBM,7025-F40
clock-frequency         03f940aa
device_type             prep
system-id               0002035macadd
#address-cells          00000001
#size-cells             00000001
platform-open-pic       dbfc0000

 ok

I've tried booting PReP images several times from floppies and havn't been
able to get anywhere (nothing runs).  So now I'm following Matt Porter's
directions for TFTP'ing the PReP image.  I've got a TFTP server setup and
tested (been able to TFTP /tftpboot/boot.bin from another working Linux
box) and the IP address has been setup in Open Firmware and tested (I've
had successful pings in the "SMS" "Remote Initial Program Load" menu).

Now in Open Firmware, when I issue "boot
net:10.0.0.42,/tftpboot/boot.bin,10.0.0.2" or similar (just "boot net:") I
get what appears to be an error message, "20A80004", and the TFTP server
never gets connected to (I'm running ippl for that matter).  Can anybody
translate this silly number for me?  Have I missed anything so far?

If it can be of any use, here is the full device listing from Open
Firmware:

[Output from Open Firmware session]
0 > dev / ls
0fd4c740: /cpus