boot/root disks

Hey, I'm trying to build boot disks for powerpc on a pmac system (for a pmac system) and I seem to getting out of space on device errors when the scripts are trying to build the disks.  The resc1440pmac.bin seems to build right, but the root1440pmac.bin script complains about not haveing enough space.

Anyone have any tips for building boot disks?  I know work is being done on them right now, so perhaps they're broken atm?

Thanks,
josh