Re: Debian/PPC (was: Re: console-apt)

> It shouldn't be difficult to modify the buildd package to check with
> powerpc.debian.org (tervola) to check out packages to build and merge the
> results back with tervola.  Anybody real familiar with buildd and willing
> to modify it?  I think James Troup wrote it...

Roman Hodek is the main author for wanna-build.

Every debian maintainer can lock a package (or more) on tervola and build it
at home.

> I've queried Hartmut privately regarding this but have had a bouncing mail
> problem so he's probably just received my latest mail on the subject.
> Anyway, tervola is a 604e/200 w/64MB RAM and the status scripts seem to be
> out of whack with the state of packages in incoming.  There's a huge number
> of packages it lists as need-to-build and most of them are already two revs
> behind. :-/ My systems are behind a firewall but buildd doesn't care and I
> should be able to provide at least one build daemon here out of the 10 or
> so Debian/PowerPC machines that are running.

The need-to-build list was the list with bad packages. I should set them all
to failed, but i like it more (for the moment) to restart it from time to time.

You can setup a client-build-daemon (tervola is master), but we shouldn't do this
at this stage. We can do this after the release, this machine can build then the
stable binaries.

The best way is -- as i requested it serveral times -- ask for bad packages and
work on them.

Greetings,

    Hartmut