Re: specific to Hartmut Koptein

> >>as being active on the debian-powerpc list/developers and also perhaps
> >>some experience with ibm-rs6000 and chrp-type motherboards.

Yes, i have a chrp board.

> >>(1) the link on the debian web site for ibm rs6000 kernel images
> >>
> >>sun4u.unicent.com: /pub/linux/rs6000/
> >>
> >>is unreachable.  Do you know how we can get these kernel images?
> >>
> >>(2) Specifically, we have an IBM RS600 power pc model 40p, 7020-601
> >>    chip.  We think CHRP motherboard is applicable only because we
> >>    have an AIX 4.1 bootable install CD which does work on the
> >>    machine.  Indeed AIX 4.1 installs and seems to execute correctly.
> >>    Of course, we are interested in installing Linux for various
> >>    reasons.  This CD indicates a CHRP bootable image.  We have tried
> >>    bootable images from several linuxppc sites, none of which seem to
> >>    boot the machine.  It does recognice the CD or diskette, seems to

I'm very interested on how to setup autobootable chrp CD's.

But the first mission is to find working kernel image(s) for you. I upload
my 2.3.6 to http://www.debian.org/~koptein/image.chrp  in some minutes.
Please test it and told me if this will work on your machine (i hope it).

MfG,

    Hartmut