Re: Dead modem, and other newbie install gripes

Moin,

> > > Thanks very much, got it successfully (though for others wishing to use it, it depends
> > > on perl-5.004, so it can't be used with newer perl5-dependent packages).
> >
> > I put the new ssh in some minutes on http://powerpc.debian.org/~koptein/nonus
>
> I tried this deb, but it gave "gzip: unexpected end of file" when installing. :-(  Oh, but
> this was reading the deb from an hfs partition, downloaded by Netscape/MacOS, I wonder if
> that had something to do with it?  I'll try downloading using lynx in Debian.

Yes do it again; you downloaded the package during i'm uploading it. :-)

> A couple of other questions (sorry for the barrage!): how do I get buttons 2 and 3 on a
> 1-button ADB mouse?  left/right option-click and option-2/3 (both from LinuxPPC) don't
> work, even with "Buttons 1" in the XFree86Config Pointer section, and I can't paste with
> gdm.

Dunno; I use ps/2 kbd and mice.

> And has anyone had trouble with fetchmail lately?  I just updated everything yesterday,
> including exim, and fetchmail hasn't worked since.

If you have

set daemon 120    (or another value)

in your .fetchmailrc, then comment it out (for testing)

#set daemon 120

and start fetchmail again to see what happens.

MfG,

     Hartmut