broken cat!

Somehow, I've managed to break /bin/cat...

I was doing a dselect to upgrade a whole bunch of packages, and toward the
end, a lot of configure scripts started failing miserably, all at lines
invoking cat.

Every time I try to run cat from the commandline, it segfaults.  This
happens from both sash and bash.

I don't know what I installed that broke cat, but whatever it is, it's
either in sid or unstable on http.us.debian.org.

/bin/cat seems to be part of textutils 1.22-2.4.  It says it depends on
libc6 (>=2.0.92), while the libc I'm using is 2.1.1-0pre1.3 -- perhaps
this is part of the problem?

Anyway; I really need a working cat, but I'm not sure what the appropriate
next step is.  Any suggestions?

-sq