Re: Boot disks for PowerPC

I have just gotten my powermac (power computing clone 603e 200) back
online after broken bash.

My $.02 after playing with that thing for nearly two years is that
floppies are useless.  OF on that particular machine is way too
flakey, bootvars doesn't work, Quik is unreliable, have to use BootX.
What does work nicely in that scenario is formatting a drive on
another machine - i86 works fine - and plugging it in.  I've done this
cross platform with zips, scsi and ide; I've used the same method to
bring up alphas too.

I'm wondering if it might not be time for an instruction document aimed
at doing it the easy way?  I'd be happy to volunteer for that.  Does
it seem a good idea?

cfm