Re: tetex needs recompiling ...

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 01:35:11AM +0100, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600
> > cmtt12
> > xdvi.bin: error in loading shared libraries: xdvi.bin: symbol popen, version
> > GLIBC_2.1 not defined in file libc
> >
> > Is this because my glibc is to new compared to tetex and i should recompile
> > said package, or the package in debian/ppc is compiled for glibc2.1 ?
>
> Have you glibc-2.1 installed?

naturally not, should i ? i have a perfectly clean and up to date 'official'
debian/sid/ppc system.

so you tell me i should get glibc2.1, will it break my system ?

anyway i will get it and install it.

> > should i bother the tetex maintainer with a bug report for this one ?
>
> No! The have no glibc-2.1(pre), so they don't know what you mean.

so if i want to use tex stuff, i should recompile it ? is it that you are
saying ? Is it that the tetex package are actually broken for the current
debian/ppc, because we changed glibc and it was not recompiled because there
was no change in the i386 package ?

sorry for being insistent about this, but i need tex for my real work, ...

> Sven: come on, do real work. Take berlin, mtools, ggilib, ... but install
> first glibc-2.1.

I have been packaging ocaml and mlgtk lately, as well as developping for the
latest, i have tried to build ggilib, but without success, but there is no
planar fbdev support in it, and i fried my graphic board last month, also they
do not support amiga keyboards, so ...

i don't think mtools will work on amiga floppies, don't know very much about
it.

what about berlin, is it packaged ? i will try it, but is it very useful ? i
will have to install mesa first, and have a look at it, which section is it in
?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER