Re: missing errno.h in some packages ... ?

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 08:36:31AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 12:16:55PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Hello, ...
> >
> > I tried to compile some packages and encountered the following problem :
> >
> > some symbol, comming from errno.h are not defined, (EBUSY and other such).
> >
> > in fact i looked at the source, and noticed that there is no <errno.h> include
> > nor other include that calls this one.
> >
> > i noticed that on various packages, gnome-core, ggi-devel, balsa, and perhaps
> > some others ...
> >
> > So i guess this is a problem that only we are experiencing ? is it possible
> > that it is a glibc2.1 problem ? that some of the standard includes included
> > errno.h in older glibc versions ? has anyone a i386 system around to check that
> > ?
> >
> > is this a glibc2.1 bug, or should i fill bug report for all offending packages
> > ?
>

> It's the packages' fault.  Some include files used to automatically
> include errno and now do not, for whatever reason - something having to
> do with changing ANSI standards, I think.

ok i guessed that, but it seems most the i386 folk have this included
automatically. I have been in contact with the ggi folk, but was not able to
contact the gnome folk, (not subscribed on their list, i did fill a bug report,
but got no answer yet...)

Is there an idea as starting from which version of glibc they are no more
automatically included ?

Is there other packages that have this problems ? i guess there are some that
the autobuilder FAILS for, is there someone who checks regularly the failures
of the autobuilder ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER