Re: missing errno.h in some packages ... ?

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 12:16:55PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> Hello, ...
>
> I tried to compile some packages and encountered the following problem :
>
> some symbol, comming from errno.h are not defined, (EBUSY and other such).
>
> in fact i looked at the source, and noticed that there is no <errno.h> include
> nor other include that calls this one.
>
> i noticed that on various packages, gnome-core, ggi-devel, balsa, and perhaps
> some others ...
>
> So i guess this is a problem that only we are experiencing ? is it possible
> that it is a glibc2.1 problem ? that some of the standard includes included
> errno.h in older glibc versions ? has anyone a i386 system around to check that
> ?
>
> is this a glibc2.1 bug, or should i fill bug report for all offending packages
> ?

It's the packages' fault.  Some include files used to automatically
include errno and now do not, for whatever reason - something having to
do with changing ANSI standards, I think.

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |