Re: X startup hang

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 03:27:09PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Manuel Sickert wrote:
>
> > Fatal server error:
> > Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
>
> Signal 11. There is a whole HOWTO about that on www.linux.org, don't know if
> it'll help though. Maybe it's even an egcs problem, because egcs used to have
> problems with signal 11 on some machines.

You are right, forgot about this one, my gcc is the latest from potato, (i installed my system
last sunday, so  ...)

It could also be a memory problem, but i don't think so

like said, i think it is a library incompatibility problem, compile it yourself, and you will be sure to have it
working ...

what about you michel ? did you try them ?

but then you have the same config as me ...

it worked for Konstantinos though, and i guess he has some kind of powermac ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER