new

Hi all,

I'm new to this list, so I'll be asking the obvious questions I guess.
It seems to me that debian powerpc is a more up to date system than
the linux/ppc distribution, using glibc 2.1. The problem is that I have
no idea of how to get the system running. I've been using Linux-pmac for
quite some time now (since apple once had an announcement on their MkLinux
pages that Paul had a kernel going on a.o. 7200's), but I cannot find any
install instructions. The only thing I found is that I'd best use my swap
partition to install the base system, but how do I do that?

I'll be brouwsing through the mailing list archive to find any hints, but
more direct instructions are welcome.

TIA, Remco