Re: sysklogd broke my root login

> cfm@maine.com wrote:
> > sysklogd_1.3-29.deb  powerpc
> >
> > Everything on that machine tracks unstable.
> >
> > I don't know if this is a bug or something local.  Has
> > anyone else run into it?
>
> Sure, read the archive of debian-devel.  Please use the -30 release, that
> one is stable again.  I broke -27 and -29, I apologize, and I keep myself
> off of sysklogd until the freeze takes place, in the optimistic hope that
> this will ever happen.

I knew the broken one had been fixed, but did not check the version numbers.

-30.src built fine and let root log in.

The -29 is the current latest in the powerpc binaries, what you get with
apt-get upgrade.

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                            cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc        208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039