Re: Upcoming Policy plans

Le 03/03/2012 06:10, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> Le Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 08:21:31PM -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :
>> David Prévot <taffit@debian.org> writes:
>>
>>> There is something else I didn't thought earlier: with the conversion
>>> from DebianDoc to DocBook, the HTML pages and anchors names will change.
>>> We would like to prepare the accurate redirections in order to deploy
>>> them as soon as possible with the updated Policy.

>> Correct, this will be a challenge for everyone, and will definitely want
>> to be something that we'll want to talk through.

> in my understanding, most of the the anchor names are derived from id
> attributes and not autogenerated, so we can keep them constant during the
> conversion.

Good, because I've been silly yesterday night: the anchors are handled
locally by the browser, not sent to the web server, so we can only
handle webpage redirections (we used some map feature for the New
Maintainer Guide and the Debian Reference IIRC).

So it will be your call, as Policy editors, to keep or not the anchors
as they are, but we can work together to at least keep the main URLs
(pages) working.

Regards

David