Re: Upcoming Policy plans

Le Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 08:21:31PM -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> David Prévot <taffit@debian.org> writes:
>
> > There is something else I didn't thought earlier: with the conversion
> > from DebianDoc to DocBook, the HTML pages and anchors names will change.
> > We would like to prepare the accurate redirections in order to deploy
> > them as soon as possible with the updated Policy. If I understood
> > correctly, it won't be in the version you'll publish next week, but in a
> > later one, so there is no hurry (we already prepared such redirections
> > for other documents recently converted, so it shouldn't be too
> > difficult).
>
> Correct, this will be a challenge for everyone, and will definitely want
> to be something that we'll want to talk through.

Hello everybody,

in my understanding, most of the the anchor names are derived from id
attributes and not autogenerated, so we can keep them constant during the
conversion.  Apart from the footnote anchors, for which I think we do not
manage stability from one version to the other with DebianDoc, this leaves 57
(grep -P 'name="s\d' policy.html/*l | wc -l) autogenerated anchors names.  We
could chose to hardcode them as ids, but I like the idear to redirect them as
David proposed, as it will allow more meaningful anchor names.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan